Maui Sustainable Solutions
Maui Reef Safe Organic Suncream
Shipping calculated at checkout.
MAUI SUN CREAM
Ingredients: Red Raspberry oil, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Emulsifying wax, Distilled water, Vegan Glycerine, Optiphen, CBD (optional), ZINC OXIDE (non-nano, uncoated), Lavender, Ylang-Ylang, Tangerine, Calendula, Tea Tree.
• Red Raspberry oil - a wonderful nourishing oil to help with the coverage and spread of the Zinc oxide. Gentle for all skin types, tonifying and helps the skin maintain its elasticity.
• Jojoba oil - great moisturizer and the closest to the skin's own oils.
• Vitamin E - a natural preservative and incredibly strong antioxidative properties. Essential for any sun protective formulation.
• Shea Butter - having natural spf of its own, shea brings even more moisturizing, healing, and tonifying strength to this amazing formula.
• Emulsifying wax - a great VEGAN alternative to other emulsifying waxes, gentle enough for all skin types.
• Distilled water - give us our wonderful creamy-ness.
• Vegan Glycerine - zinc oxide can be quite clumpy, between the oils we chose and this vegan glycerine, the cream has wonderful "spread" helping to evenly the cream.
• Optiphen - Best vegan alternative as a preservative. aka (Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid). Formaldehyde and paraben free!!
• CBD (optional) - organically and ethically sourced. We cannot call our CBD organic yet, as the laws are not yet disseminated well. Our hemp is though! We are just waiting in the wings.
• ZINC OXIDE (non-nano, uncoated) - It is important to have a non-nano, uncoated formula. Does not absorb, no worries of any type of toxicity, reef safe, and much more gentle on the skin. it may not go on with a bit of a white coating, but presents no health risks as compared to a nano formulation and/or coated. Nano zinc is reef unsafe... Wanted to reinforce why we use the mineral powder.
• Lavender - amazing for the skin, gives us the gentle aroma of the cream and helps nourish and calm the skin.
• Ylang-Ylang, - helps to tonify the skin, give the skin its resiliency.
• Tangerine - a citrus oil to help carry the aroma, is low in furanocoumarins, this is the molecule many worry about in citrus oils that may be phototoxic, we worry about his in grapefruit, bergamot, lime, lemon. NOT in orange and tangerine.
• Calendula & Tea Tree - absolutely amazing skin healing and maintenance properties. I put these 2 together because we use a synergistic amount of each to balance their strength and potency.